WEB-LINGO for NEWBIES
(stalk if you want..)
Okay, I’m new on this thing, too, about lingo’s that I actually see and came across on forum sites and blogs and really had no idea at all at first but as the day progressed, I learned that this web-lingos or internet urban lingos are just slangs to express a blogger’s or surfer’s or even fangirl’s feelings using an alienated word.
Here are some words that I came across with: (will update from time to time)
– awesome, kick-ass, or otherwise positive. Can be used to refer to anything but is usually referring to a particular event or action. The most common usages are “epic win” or “epic failure,” and some prefer to type it in all caps. Occasionally people use the phrase “Epic ___” as a stand-alone sentence or phrase, always following a story about something considered Epic.
Ex: Teukie and Yesung’s perf of Ring Ding Dong is an epic win!
– the complete opposite of EPIC. Complete and total failure when success should have been reasonably easy to attain. Similar to fail but even to a larger and pitiful scale.
Ex: A man who commits suicide because he was dumped by a girlfriend is an epic fail.
– A reaction to something crazy or weird. To flip out at something, yell and scream, usually completely random words.
Ex: I spazz on Yeteuk when I see them do the adorkable moves.
– The common replacement for the “F” word to get a point across.
Ex: Teukie’s abs is effing hot! 🙂
– A post on Twitter, a real-time social messaging system.
Ex: I tweet Jung-Soo oppa on Twitter but later found out that it’s a poser.
– Someone whos acts like someone they’re not, but not realizing that there being fake, basically a loser trying to fit in. Who tries to fit in but with exaggeration.
Ex: Peter was such a poser-freak; sure, he comes to school in Korean attire, but he doesn’t even know who Super Junior is.
NOOB aka NOOBIE
– someone who is new and inexperienced to a game, or website, online game, or something.
Ex: This guy is a total noob and he never learns, must have never participated in sports while growing up. What a fag.
– A word that is most commonly used in any sort of only messenger to express frustration, excitement, confusion, anger, happiness, ect.
Ex: What the asdf is wrong with you?!
– A meaningless acronym used commonly on chatrooms. It stands for “Oh My God. What the Fuck!”
Ex: OMGWTF! Yesung is so hawt!
– Internet slang for something hot.
– Used to describe someone, something that is super sexy. its a cuter way of saying sexy.
Ex: Teuki is so smexy last night in Sukira.
– a gathering of two or more fangirls in which they proceed to waste endless amounts of time ogling, discussing/arguing, stalking, etc. the object of their “affection”
Ex: I admit it, I was fangirling all through TEUKIE and probably made an ass of myself but, omg, guys in skirts are sooooooo hot!
– a person who proof-reads or edits fanfiction.
Ex: Thanks for beta-ing my fic, Ae-in.
– a sign made from a fan, usually recieved as a photograph.
Ex: I made a fan sign for Teukie and it’s says “SARANGHAEYO”.
– a public expression of thanks, gratitude or anything.
Ex: I’d like to give a shout-out to all of my friends all over the world.